Sunday 3 March 2013

Missing in Action!!

Well I've not blogged for a very long time nearly 5 years in fact, but my husband keeps nagging me so I thought today was the day.   Have been for  a long family walk, the girls are relaxing and the hubby is reading.  So whilst I drink me cup of tea I thought I would show you my latest creation.  Not card making but knitting.

I've been wanting to knit this cute little guy for a while, and on Thursday last week I finally got round to it.  He is made from handspun which I spun up just before Christmas.  The roving was a special from Wingham Wools, and it was a joy to do, I chained plied it and got 120 yards of a DK weight yarn. 

The pattern is Voodoo You Love Me by Susan Claudino, super easy knit and brilliantly written pattern, highly recommend it. 

It only took a couple of evenings to make, and my hubby is really pleased with him.  It will be his only companion in his office, as he going self employed and is moving into the summer house/office.

He is sitting in a yarn bowl I bought at Unravel last week, which has been extremely useful, no more yarn rolling around the floor getting covered by cat fluff, or even being attacked by said cat.


Voodoo you love me

No comments: