Wednesday 20 March 2013

Daybreaking

Need to do a simple knit, with not much thinking involved, but am fed up of socks.  Decided Stephen West's Daybreak pattern would be ideal.




This was a great pattern and I really enjoyed it, though I did stop at 18 stripes (instead of 20) and only did 5 purl ridges on the border (should have been 7), but I am waiting for another sample knit yarn to arrive so I needed this off the needles. 

This shawl should get a lot of wear, and as I am going out tonight with a friend it will have its first outing.

I even managed to take some pictures outside today as it has stopped raining and the sun came out.  I hung it on the line under the pergola, which gets lots of sun all year round, I must remember to take some pictures of my hand knit socks on the line next time I wash them.

Hope you have a good week.

No comments: